CFL MADDEN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INJURIES

4 posters

Go down

INJURIES Empty INJURIES

Post  Admin Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:30 am

I am considering creating the use of player injuries for season 2. This would add to the realism of the league and be a solid addition I believe. I was thinking of bascially simming a season on my PS3 and using the injuries that occur as our Injury Reports for our league. The Injuries will be posted and managed on the Forum and the owners would simply have to check there upcoming game and see who is out. They would then be asked to take those players out of the lineup.
Let me know what you think. I think this would make the league much more NFL like and might implement this for season 2.

This will also lead to less players with outrageous stats. For instance there are not many starting RBs that make it through the full season playing all 16 games.

But anyway let me know what you think.
zbert

Last edited by on Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cflmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

INJURIES Empty Re: INJURIES

Post  Dbltrouble Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:22 am

I dont think its a good idea for the simple fact it can be abused against guys that dont pay attention to their opponents injuries. Stats can be faked to make it look like someone else was the RB or whatever. You guys already have to take so much time away from your games and relaxation time to deal with minor problems, why add more to it? Just keep it simple and the bad owners will get replaced with better ones.

You mentioned stats, I thought moving to all madden was going to help with that? If the ps3 had online franchise it would be great. The way I see it is the owners already have to police themselves with the rules, making sure a guy is not playing his "injured" guy is just going to cause more issues and make for more games being replayed on a he said she said basis, of which I had to replay two of my games due to BS. Not worth the headache for a commish if you ask me.

Dbltrouble

Back to top Go down

Post  Gom33 Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:28 am

I will have to agree with Double here.

I don't think everyone will check who is injured and police their opponent to make sure he is not using him. Just a little too much work. But whatever you guys decide on, I am the rookie here, lol.

Gom33

Back to top Go down

Post  tater_2008 Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:49 am

Yeah that sounds like a pretty cool idea but if im on a team say the bengals and palmer gets hurt the first week and is out for season. That would be pretty terrible thats one flaw.

tater_2008

Back to top Go down

Post  Dbltrouble Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:57 pm

Way too much work using created or fantasy teams. Commishes have to manually input all that on the LD site, making sure guys dont have duplicate players, all 99's, HOFers plus the fact you cant get stats for user created teams. It looked promising but having ran a season with created teams it was far too much work for all the whining that was involved, "These teams are way too fast, too good, this guys colors are too bright make him change it, this guy used Barry Sanders!!!".

To touch on one more thing, Tater brought up a good point. Since we cant do trades to upgrade our teams if we suffer too many injuries, and we all know some teams have really bad luck with them, how would that be handled?

Dbltrouble

Back to top Go down

INJURIES Empty reply

Post  Admin Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:47 pm

Thanks for all the feedback. It will def help out in making the decision.

It would be nice if more owners would just use more of there team and not give every carry to there star RB. Or when you are up big in the 4th, take out your starting RB and give your 2nd and 3rd RB some carries. This would pretty much handle the problem of the stat hogs that are scewing the stats. Im not sure if I could make rules about doing this though as it would be hard to pinpoint and regulate. Also with WRs, if up big late in the game subing out your star WR who already has over 200 yards would be very appreciated, as well as spreading the ball out more.

As to the Injuries piling up on one team, I could put limits onto how many injuries there could be at one time and to one position so that problems with being able to play the game with whos left would not be there.

This may not work hearing all the feedback, but I would like to keep hope alive at this point.
Keep the feedback coming.

Also let me know if you can think of anything to stop the guys who are going overboard with one player and there stats and not using anyone else.
Thks
Zac
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cflmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tater_2008 Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:59 pm

If you notice that one team is just using a pariticular player say a wr that gets over 10 catches every game and that the owner never spreads the ball out between his receivers do not let that person receive any mvp votes at the end of the season.

tater_2008

Back to top Go down

Post  Dbltrouble Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:07 am

As well as issuing strikes for it. If guys know they will get strikes for going overboard they might think twice.

Dbltrouble

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum