CFL MADDEN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reason I voted the way I did on the new poll

2 posters

Go down

Reason I voted the way I did on the new poll Empty Reason I voted the way I did on the new poll

Post  Dbltrouble Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:01 pm

Didnt know where else to put this since there is no general forum for us to discuss things. Anyway I don't like major changes during a season so I voted no. It completely throws things out of whack and the flow of things starts to change, often times for the bad for commishes. I can understand a glitch needing to be handled in new rules but changing the game from all pro to all madden in the middle of a season is HUGE. It leaves too many, what ifs. If youre going to change the level then please do a complete reset so we can all start over and play from game 1 on all madden as equals. I dont mind all madden in the least but by the question on the poll it seems like you are looking into changing it as a way of helping guys who arent too good or have hit a slump. Thats fine because I am all for evening the playing field but not during a season.

The scores are so high because of the 7 min quarters. It makes stats more realistic but in madden and the way the defense plays they blow coverage often (even on all madden at times) and it makes for easy scores. Which in turn gives you guys with a 60-18 score. What guys need to learn to do with so much time is manage the clock. I dont run the clock down but I also dont feel pressured to get the snap off at exactly 20 second mark. Having no pressure to do that I can then make the right adjustments to the defense that sits in front of me most times. And if you look at my games the only one that was high scoring was against the Saints (Titans game does not count because that was a former owner) so I must be doing something right with the clock to keep the scores realistic.

Yeah I was rambling but it irritates me to see huge changes brought up and possibly implemented in the middle of a season. Reminds me of a league I played in early this year. We started on all madden and the commish hated losing and after I beat him a second time, I was 6-0 with the Saints*, he told the league it would now be all pro because all madden made the defenses too good. I called him out on it and he proceeded to cuss me out and kick me out of the league, all for saying it was not cool or fair to make such drastic changes in the middle of a season. So I will say it one more time, if the idea is going to all madden then start everyone back at 0-0 otherwise just wait till seasons end. cheers

*Record good or bad has nothing to do with it, its keeping things equal and fair that matters.

Dbltrouble

Back to top Go down

Reason I voted the way I did on the new poll Empty reply

Post  Admin Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:33 pm

I hear where you are coming from and if everyone understood how to slow the game down and manage the clock when the are ahead that would be great but no one does. I want to assure you that this was not brought up for any reason that is shady or to make it more fair for a commish or anyone for that matter. We are just trying to make this league as realistic as possible and this being the first season there will inevitabley be some changes and tweaks.

The 7 minute quarters are here to stay as long as this is my league as they work great to simulate the number of plays in an nfl game and thus to give a game with the best chances of realistic stats. It does seem that the stats are to high though in quite a few cases (rec yards and ypc) which moving it up to All Madden will help.
Im really bothered by the idea that there will be like 5 rbs with over 2000 yards and a few other things that may happen if people dont begin playing more realistic. So im going to move the level up to All Madden for sure next season and still may set a date for this season to make the switch, such as week 8 or 9.

Things owners can due to make this league more sim:
1) If you are up comfortably in the 4th you can start working the clock a "little" and run run run like you obviously should and nfl teams do (except the PATS). We could set a loose rule of snapping it before 15 seconds on the playclock roughly in the 4th. This will add up and cut down on some of the exessive stat hogs.
2) If you are up comfortably late in the game do not continue to feed your HB with the idea of padding his stats. Put your 2nd string guy in and let him get some action like you would see in the NFL. The goal of this league is to be like the NFL and as realisitc as possible, not to try to run for 3000 yards. Stat hogs will start to be addressed and may not be welcome here if they get out of control and can not take a step back and think of the good of the league.
3) And finally, do not swear or act like a punk when dealing with another owner or myself or you will be gone quickly. I had the pleasure of dealing with the most sorry excuse for a humanbeing last night who used racial slurs after cheezing and getting complaints. He then got an attitude with me for doing my role as a commish and asking both sides what happened. If you cannot act like an adult then go somewhere else.
Most everyone is doing a great job and this league is really coming together and I ensure you that i will continue to do what i can to get a solid 32 so that this league can be the best around.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cflmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Reason I voted the way I did on the new poll Empty Re: Reason I voted the way I did on the new poll

Post  Dbltrouble Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:14 am

yeah, you are trying to make the league run better and know the best way to handle it and I know its not something shady. But changing things majorly midseason is not really the answer because the same guys who are playing really well at the top of their games will continue to do so only the gap between them and the guys who arent as good will grow wider. For next season you got my support though. Things have already started out this way because noone forsaw it before we took the field. That happens though, noone is perfect.

IMO the best way to handle it is watch each games stats for outrageous things and let the owners know you arent going to tolerate it. I dont understand why its so hard to follow the simple concept of play the game the way they do in the NFL. If you could get 32 solid owners who could follow that, you wouldnt need another rule in the books or to babysit stat hogs.

Dbltrouble

Back to top Go down

Reason I voted the way I did on the new poll Empty CHANGING THE LEVEL

Post  Admin Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:18 am

WE WILL BE PLAYING THE ENTIRE FIRST SEASON ON ALL-PRO. SEASON 2 WILL BE PLAYED ON ALL-MADDEN.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cflmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Reason I voted the way I did on the new poll Empty Re: Reason I voted the way I did on the new poll

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum