CFL MADDEN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFL RULES

+15
ESPNanalysis3
heapitup247
monnay
Bears8
Rebel479
Gom33
PSYCHONUT21
ejg29
tater_2008
ToysRUsKid
buckeye76
LA Redskins
Jugggernauttt
Dbltrouble
Admin
19 posters

CFL MADDEN :: CFL :: RULES

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CFL RULES Empty CFL RULES

Post  Admin Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:01 pm

Read and repy that you accept

League Requirements:

1. Register with the league forum and stay somewhat active with the community.
2. You must have aim to ensure that contact can be made between all league owners to ensure a successful league.
3. Stat submission: You must fill out the stats for the game within 24 hours max of each game, but it should be done quickly following the game. Incomplete stats on a consistent basis will not be tolerated.
4. Scouting reports: You will not be required to do scouting reports but they are appreciated. Doing scouting reports of teams in your division will help increase the chances of those teams being beat and will help your playoff chances. They will also punish players that play one dimensional and hopefully lead to more realistic play.
5. Disconnects: If the disconnection occurs very early in the game before anyone has scored then start the game over. If the disconnection occurs after someone has scored then the player that is still connected should take down the stats for the game played so far and the game will be continued factoring those stats and the game finished. If disconnection seems questionable and becomes a problem with a player the may be removed from the league.
6. Complaints: Should not be handled in game. Finish the game and contact a commish and we will decide the best action to take. We may deem that the game should be played over or may warn the player who is breaking the rules. We will not stand for players that continue to push the envelope and stretch the rules. Of you really must cheez then this league is not for you and you will not be around long. Do not attack the player verbally or approach them about the problem at all as that will only cause problems and will not accomplish anything. Simply let us know and we will handle it.

CFL Season Format: 32 TEAMS 32 OWNERS
Unranked games
7 minute Quarters (adds realism in stats)
Skill level: ALL-PRO
Passing Vision Cone: Is to be used at all times during the game. A poll was put up to gauge this it was even so I have decided that it will be mandatory as it creates much more realistic gameplay, which is the goal. If you are not familiar with how to use this, tips will follow. If you have a problem with this, learn to use this or join another league.
To have the cone pop up right when the ball is snapped:
HOLD R2 and press the WR Icon you'd like the cone to be set on. Do it on passing plays.

There are 2 ways to move the cone:
For big cones: Use the Right Analog stick
Small cones: HOLD L2 and Press the WR Icon to move the cone, press the WR Icon again to pass it.
If you are uncomfortable with this then lab it and step your game up.

GAME RULES: These rules will be strictly enforced so make sure that you know them and understand them. The goal here is a realistic league with players that play real straight NFL type games. If this is not how you wish to play then save us the headache and do not join.
1. Running Game: Change it up and use a variety of running plays. Do not bounce inside running plays outside all game, run the play the way it is called. You can bounce it outside if the defense forces this, but do not bounce it outside on purpose all game.
2. Play Action Passing: Players should not abuse this or more rules will have to go in place. As of now it should not be used on 3rd and 4th and longs (10 yards or over).
3. WR/RB option pass play: Banned. That includes the WR double pass. They are very cheez and are a glitch in the game.
4. Lining your #1 WR up in the slot all game will not be tolerated. It is alright to do so a few times a game, but since there is on match-up option for the defense this year it is to be limited.
5. Running No huddle: Should not be used often. Can be used when you are down in the 4th quarter or during 2 minute drills. Besides that it should be used sparingly. It should not be used after a play when the clock stops (incomplete pass, running out of bounds).
6. Sending WR’s in motion all game to determine if the defense is in MAN or ZONE is unacceptable. Also the WR should be set before you hike the ball the majority of the time. Hiking the ball when he is close to the O-line should not be used excessively or it may be banned.
7. LOBBING THE BALL TO RECEIVERS AND MANUALLY MOVING WR’s
1. Lobbing the ball to your receiver’s all game is unacceptable. You can throw the ball deep of course just do not do it all game. If that is the only way you can pass the ball then find another league.
2. Manually controlling the WR to speed burst on a deep bomb is not allowed.
3. Manually controlling the WR before the snap and allowing the CPU to control the QB is also not allowed.
8. “High Passing” Can get out of hand and become cheesy. Do not pass the ball high all game on purpose causing your WR to jump way over the DB’s and making circus catches all game. Use this once and a while but if it becomes excessive then people will complain about you and problems will arise.
9. Dropping the QB back 10+ yards to get the WR’s open is cheez and should not be done excessively. I understand that when pressured you will need to drop back further and I will do this from time to time as well, just don’t do it all game or as a strategy.
10. 4th Down. You should only go for it on 4th down when it is realistic. We all know what this means and I will leave it at that at this point until it becomes a problem. You can fake punt as you please.
11. Running out the clock: This can only be done with less than 2 minutes in the 2nd and less then 3 minutes in the 4th quarter. All of a sudden taking twice as long to call your plays is corny and you are obviously trying to get around the rule so let’s be grownups.
12. Pinching the D-LINE. This is basically a glitch and you can get pressure all day. Pinching the D-LINE will “only” be allowed inside the 5 yd line or on 4th and shorts (less then 5 yards). It will not be used on 3rd and shorts at this point. The D-line can be moved to the left or right but must be then set and not moved again. There is no moving them back and forth as it can cause instant and cheezy pressure.
13. Blitzing: Do not do it all game. I understand 3-4 teams blitz a lot and even when bringing 4 it can look like a blitz so owners be aware of this before making accusations. When blitzing you should not playmaker additional blitzers. Basically just run the blitz’s that are called and do not go overboard with calling them all game.
14. DEFENSIVE PLAYER MOVEMENT:
You are allowed to move only 1 player manually and must control him. D-line is never to be moved outside of tackle or TE. If players are getting moved manually all over then more rules may be placed and warnings handed out.
15. 9 In the box (Triangle left). Should not be used excessively. If someone is running the ball all game it is understandable to use it more but don’t over use it or there will be restrictions placed.
16. Running up the score. We all know what should be acceptable. Im sure that this will become a hot topic and at this point I will leave it up to us adults to not embarrass anyone and play like the Pats. But loose guidelines will most likely be implemented.
17. Glitches: Anything that is known to be glitchy should not be used.
Superhuman jump “ great jump” with D-line should not be used.

Have fun and try to play realistic, that is the point of this league and why I and DUKE are starting it. If that is not how you roll, then roll right to another league

Last edited by on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:41 am; edited 5 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cflmadden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

CFL RULES Empty Re: CFL RULES

Post  Dbltrouble Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:29 am

I accept

Dbltrouble

Back to top Go down

Post  Jugggernauttt Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:04 pm

accept

Jugggernauttt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:27 pm

accept

Back to top Go down

CFL RULES Empty accept

Post  LA Redskins Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:15 pm

accept

LA Redskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:09 am

I accept

Back to top Go down

Post  buckeye76 Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:48 am

I AGREE

buckeye76

Back to top Go down

CFL RULES Empty accept

Post  ToysRUsKid Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:41 am

accept

ToysRUsKid

Back to top Go down

CFL RULES Empty The Rules

Post  Guest Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:43 am

I Accept

Back to top Go down

CFL RULES Empty Rules

Post  tater_2008 Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:56 am

accept

tater_2008

Back to top Go down

CFL RULES Empty accept

Post  ejg29 Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:11 am

accept

ejg29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:42 am

accept

Back to top Go down

Post  PSYCHONUT21 Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:00 pm

I accept

PSYCHONUT21

Back to top Go down

Post  Gom33 Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:12 pm

I ACCEPT!

Gom33

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel479 Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:58 am

I accept

Rebel479

Back to top Go down

Post  Bears8 Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:34 am

I agree

Bears8

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:32 am

stocks agree

Back to top Go down

Post  Jugggernauttt Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:33 am

6. Sending WR’s in motion all game to determine if the defense is in MAN or ZONE is unacceptable. If you send someone in motion then they should be doing so for another reason such as to block or to be kept to the side they are moving.

Im glad i found this rule

Jugggernauttt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:00 pm

I Accept and will be part of this league for a long time if i get in. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:34 am

i agree

Back to top Go down

CFL RULES Empty i accept

Post  Guest Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:24 am

I accept the conditions that are stated above.

Back to top Go down

CFL RULES Empty i accept

Post  monnay Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:23 am

i accept

monnay

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:13 am

Accepted, yo.

Back to top Go down

Post  heapitup247 Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:33 am

I accept

heapitup247

Back to top Go down

Post  ESPNanalysis3 Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:37 am

I accpet the folling rules stated above.

ESPNanalysis3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

CFL MADDEN :: CFL :: RULES

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum